Sunday, October 4, 2009

Black Canyon Sprint Triathlon '09

One month after I had Annalyn, my friends Becca and Jennifer asked if I wanted to do a triathlon with them. I said sure and started training. I trained for three months and did a few trial runs and was ready to go for it. This was the sleeping arrangement of the night before the race, I was in my own bed (I wish).
The day of the race I was pretty nervous but excited. Check out the cool goggles and cap I borrowed from Christopher. They gave us ankle bracelets that recorded our time. I got through the swim and started the bike portion. I had been worried about the weather being cold but when I came outside it felt good and the weather was perfect the whole day.
I got a surprise on the bike course in the form of the largest hill I have ever seen. When I came around the corner and saw it I about died. After that though the course was flat except for when I got to the down side of the hill which was twisty, steep and a little scary. The running course turned out to be up a hill for half and down the hill for the other half. But it was not just straight up. It switched back and forth all the way up then you came down the same way you went up. But I ran the whole thing. (not fast mind you but I did run, kind of like an old man)
And I finished!!! It was fun to see the kids at each of the transitions and end. They where such good cheerers. They were so good the whole time. Thank you to My husband for his support while training and at the race, to Mande for letting me use her Awesome cool bike, my mom and dad for coming and watching and Jen and Becca for inviting and encouraging me to do it. I plan on doing another race in May and this one again next year. Also next year Sherman and his brothers and sister and my sister are going to do it too. We may even have the three older boys do the kids race. I can't wait. If you want to join us do. It's a good race and well orginized. GOOD LUCK and START TRAINING.
Here are My Times-
1 Swim: 00:14:48.697
2 S2B Trans: 00:03:50.213
3 Bike: 01:04:15.310
4 B2R Trans: 00:01:44.28
5 Run: 00:48:34.120
Total Time: 02:13:12.578

1 comment:

School-Home Connection said...

Wow! Good job Julie!! I don't know if I could do that - I know a lot of people that are getting involved in marathons, triathlons, etc. Maybe I should try??? I guess my only hang up is training when I have three kiddos at home - how do you train, especially with your beautiful girlie?