Monday, June 27, 2011

Swimming in Cupcakes

Tuffer's swim team is having a Swim-a-thon next week as a way of raising money for their group. Not wanting to send him around asking for money we came up with a better idea. It doesn't hurt that he has a "SWEET" Aunt Dee. He enlisted her help to make and sell cupcakes to raise his money. To start he came up with his own compilation of flavors: Root beer(float), Red White and Blue Raspberry, Strawberry-Lemonade, and S'mores. He got recipes from her and we were off and running to the store.
Then (after I stayed up half the night baking) with Grandma and Dee's help he decorated a lot of cupcake!





After advertising on facebook and helping Gramie send out some as thank yous,,they were gone before dinner!
Let me Just Say they where DELICIOUS!!!! YUM!
I think he did a fantastic job and learned some good stuff while he was at it!
Way to go Tuffer! And THANK YOU, Dee, Grandma, and Gramie!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

No fair! I want the recipes too. Since I haven't been home in 6 years, I doubt I'll get to try Mande's any time in the next forever :(

gjgirls said...

Julie...I'm jealous of your awesome apron! It's so June Cleaver. :)Those cupcakes look delish!