Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mucked Up Dersert

The Mucked up Desert is a 5k mud laden obstacle course put on by the local college. This was there first year. It sounded like a blast and so I had to give it a try and I talked my brother-in-law to do it with me. It was nice to find that my friend Rachael had had the same thought so that I had someone to run with (Tim's legs are to ling to keep up with).
Here is a picture of the starting line. As you can see costumes were encouraged (had I only know before hand)!
Here is Tim going up the tires...
..and me less gracefully.
The course went over the top of the dirt hill, over a hay bail wall, down the side, up a mud wall, down the others side, through a mud trench, up another hill, down then up then down again.Then through the Tubes.

Over the Wall.
Through the Tires

Then into the Mud Pit!



Then you went trough the course a second time! Between Rachael's husband and daughter and my husband we had our very own Paparazzi! Also, Can I just say I have the Best Friends EVER! We had the best cow bell support crew! I didn't even know they were coming but the showed up and cheered us on the whole time! The cow bells never stopped. I got have more COW BELL!
On to the finish line with Nicholas in tow.
My Cowbell Support CREW! Aren't they AWESOME!
Oh yeah and Tim too. He was nice enough to give me a ride home when my husband wouldn't let me get his company car dirty.
What a dirty, messy, fun filled time!

No comments: