Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Manti Pageant


This last weekend I took the opportunity to go to Utah for my cousin, Andrew's baptism. My older boys had their last baseball game of the year so they stayed behind with their dad. The younger two and my sister came along for the ride. The trip there was uneventful and the boys were good.

We were so glad to see Tim and Sharon and their crew. It's always nice to visit with them, whether here or there. They did a wonderful job on their recent remodeling. My boys really enjoyed being with the big kids. Alexis was like a little momma to them. They had fun playing in the sand with Andrew. Branson and Holden made good tackling targets until they had enough and let the dog loose on Matt and Nic. It was hilarious.

The baptism was nice. It was neat to see Holden baptize his brother. We got a view of a great missionary. Thanks to the McCalls for the visit and the good food. We hope to see you guys again soon.

We then went down to Manti to catch the pageant on the temple grounds. We knew they would get a kick out of the "fighting guys". What I did not foresee was the reaction I got from Nic. He was up and down for the most part playing. Then jumping up for the parts that sound like they might be interesting to him. It came to the part where Jesus visits the Lamanites. The fire got his attention quick but the part that keep it was after, when the people were gathered and Jesus visited them. Nicholas saw Him and freaked. He started yelling," It's Jesus! Mom, Mom, It's Jesus! I need to go talk to Him"! Such is the faith of a child. It was all I could do to hold on to him. Despite my feeble attempts to explain, he was insistent that he should get to talk to Him and when Jesus left his was heart broken, which broke my heart. I told him he could talk to Jesus anytime he wanted which did not make up for me not letting loose of him. Later when Nic recounted the incident to his dad all he would say was," Mom wouldn't let me talk to Jesus". Oh, the tender heart of my Nicholas. We will have to go back when he gets a little older. Hopefully, when he understands, I will be out of the dog house.

1 comment:

Jennifer Groves said...

That is so funny, I am sitting here laughing hysterically because I can just picture it in my mind. I love the faith of little kids. You are doing a great job of teaching your kids about the Savior and His gospel.