Monday, June 30, 2008

California! I have Arrived! -- Nicholas

Hey, everyone! It's me, Nic. Here is an overview of my trip to California and Sea World. Gramie took Mom to see Great Mas and Papa in California for her birthday. I was the only one who got to go and don't you know, I ate that right up.

We left early Thursday morning and drove all day. Okay, well, most of the day. Mom and Gramie had to stop a lot for potty breaks. Not ME though because I'm a big boy and I'm learning to hold it (if they say other wise don't listen to them). You wouldn't believe how many times they stopped. They were always interrupting my stories or movies. And Mom always insisted that I go.
Finally, we arrived at the hotel. It was so late and I was so tired, but check out my bed and it's all mine! Just take a look at the view we had.
I'm loving this!

The next day we went to see Great Mas and Papa. Oh, boy did they love me! I help clean their windows, scrub the floors and cupboards, pick oranges off the tree and shared lots of hugs and kisses. I sure do love them.




You won't believe where we went after that...SEA WORLD! I saw dolphins, turtles, sea otters, sharks, all kinds of fish and killer whales. I even touch a star fish and a sting ray.

There were a lot of sea gulls. Man, those sea gulls made me mad! We stopped to eat and Mom had to go on another potty break so we left Gramie to watch our food. While we were gone a sea gull swooped down and scattered Mom's food every where! What a mess! But a nice lady who worked there helped clean it up and mom got a new sandwich. That was nice of her. I yelled, "Hey, Get away!" anytime they came near, for the rest of the meal. I'm such a good Helper! What would Mom have done with out me.

We went to a dolphin show after we ate. There was a whole lot of people that wanted to see the dolphins but for some reason there was a lot of empty seat right up front. Something about a "soak zone"? Whatever, they where good seats! That is...until the show got started. People who were sitting in those seats, the dolphins got all wet. Not us though! They missed where we were sitting. But then they brought in reinforcements. There was a beluga whale that had much better aim and he got a direct hit on us!!! I was soaked to the bone! So was Mom and Gramie. Thank goodness for the gift shop that had a nice, dry, sweat shirt for me and... a plush Shamu.

Speaking of Shamu, mom didn't have enough of getting wet so she thought we should try the killer whale show. We had to sit in that "soak zone" area again. Thankfully enough the killer whales took pity on Mom and I and only got the people sitting next to us. Gramie wasn't going to chance it so she stayed way in the back and to the side where she would be safe.

When we got up the next morning Mom was looking for one of my toys and found someone else's undies, yuck!!!! Gramie call the front desk to let them know we were throwing them away. The lady on the phone was grossed out too and very apologetic. When we got back that night our room had a whole bunch of free stuff including robes and slippers for Gramie and Mom and a huge basket of goodies and movies for me. Just to name a few things. They sure were sorry about that. They should be, that's gross even to me and I'm a boy.




While we were out, we saw Mas and Papa again. Then went on a bus...or was it a boat ride. I thought at first it was some kind of weird looking tour bus but after driving around the bay the it went right down into the water and acted like a boat. We saw pelicans, egrets, blue heron, sea lions and dolphins, and yes MORE SEA GULLS... dumb birds. We also saw this ship with a familiar name. It carried brand new, foreign automobiles to the USA.

Can you see it's name?

That's funny how did they know we were coming.

The next morning we got up early to go home. The ride this way was not to much better than the ride out as far as stops go. In addition to the potty breaks, we made two extra stops.

First we had to get PopPop a very special treat from his very favorite place. Since we don't have them here, we stopped at Bob's Big Boy's to get him 4 hamburgers with a jar of special sauce. I was happy to get a chocolate shake, yummmy! Here I am posing with "The Large One". He may have better hair but I'm pretty sure I take the cake on cute factor. Don't I Mom!







Second stop was for Dad. He wanted us to go pick something up from Uncle Spencer. So I said, "Sure, Spencer's MY friend"! I was very excited to see him and his cool new house! He thinks I'm the best and he's right you know? I am. But I couldn't figure out why he had a kitchen chair in his bathroom. Oh, well. I love him.

The last stop we made before home was at Cove Fort. It's a really cool fort made of rocks, built by the Hinckley family, along time ago. Mom said it was beautiful. I just thought, "cool fort". Then home at LAST!! Next time I'm taking Dad, he never stops.

Happy B-day Mom At 10:30 and then good night. What an eventful four days.

I'm glad to be home in my own bed...sort of.

1 comment:

berrymom said...

Cute blog Julie! Looks like a fun trip to CA. Thanks for coming over for the bike parade.

Jen