Monday, August 4, 2008

Oh, MAMA MIA! Vampires!


Here' s to the best girls night ever!! This last Friday my sister Mande, Jennifer, Becca, their mom and her friend and I met at Chili's to start with appetizers before going to a movie. It was a good start. Yuummmmy artichoke dip!!!
Then we headed to the theater to see "MAMA, MIA!". It was full even though it's been out for a while. I can see now why it was. It was the best!!! I love ABBA and have not had so much fun in I can't remember how long. We were singing at the top of our lungs and laughing the whole time. It's just one of those movies. It's a good thing the theater was full mostly of women. I did feel sorry for the guys who were drag to it.
At the end of the movie there was an additional song "Waterloo", at which point Mande jumps up and starts dancing. Well, there was no way I would let her dance alone and besides that was the exact thought that I had. Everyone in the theater started shouting and clapping for us which made more people join us. Oh so much fun!!!!
We then went to IHOP for dinner and to wait for the main event, (though I would say that that was the movie). Most of the time was spent making jokes and laughing. It was great to have adult conversation for a change.
Afterward, we met Amy at Barns and Noble for the much anticipated book release of "Breaking Dawn" the four book in the Twilight series. It was a "Vampire Prom Theme" and while the average age in the room was probable about 15 it was still fun (which included the young women for my ward). We registered for door prizes and got our ticket to get the book. Then we filled in the questions on a book trivia paper and got temporary tattoos. Jennifer won a door prize of a free copy and to be the first in line to get it. Lucky Jennifer, yes I was jealous and was not alone. We were out until 1:00 in the morning and I bet that most of us were up later than that reading!!!
Thanks, you gals that was AWESOME!!!!! See ya on December 12th, if not sooner, for the opening of "Twilight", the first movie from the book series.

4 comments:

berrymom said...

You are crazy! I am a nightmare if I don't have enough sleep. I don't know how you do it. Sounds like you had fun, though!

Kara & Jacob Maughan said...

Hey Julie! It's Kara, Sherman's cousin. It's so nice to see your fun little family, glad you are doing so well. Your boys are adorable! I have finally started a blog, the url is http://kjmaughan.blogspot.com
I am so excited to keep in touch with you guys!

Jennifer Groves said...

That was the Best Girls Night Ever! We so need to do that again! I can't remember the last time I had so much fun. What did you think of the last book (I am undecided) Love ya!

Jennifer Groves said...

I love the ABBA soundtrack on your blog! When we saw Mama Mia in Vegas hardly anyone got up to dance (I was so bummed) How can you not dance to that music? I listen to the soundtrack all the time now.