Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkins and Palin

Here are some fun pictures of our pumpkins. These grew in the front garden on there own and we had just enough for each of the boys. I thought it very fortunate and the boys absolutely loved watching them grow. We threw some of the seeds back in the garden for next year. The boys could hardly wait to carve them. We held off as long as we could for fear the pumpkins would be shriveled before Halloween but oh well. Shermie and Tuffer did their own designs. Tuffer did a ghost and Shermie did a giant squid. Such creative boys.

Sarah Palin made a stop in Grand Junction this week so Amy and I took the opportunity to go and see her. I was greatly and nicely surprised to see the turn out. The news said that 15,000 people RSVP and 22,000 showed up (when Obama came he only had 3,000 so there). It was Awesome! People started to show up at 5:00 a.m. in the morning to stand in line when she wasn't to speak until 7:15 p.m. It stretched around the football stadium and all the way out to the street. We weren't sure that we would get in but at the last minute they opened the over flow seating and we were there. Although the picture in the bottom left above is what I could see due to my lovely shortness. (I could actually see if I stood on my toes) But the guy next to me was videoing it and I could see pretty good on his screen. It was a good time even still. Thanks Amy for being a conservative freak and going with me. Go Vote People.

1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW - that is awesome!!! I would have loved to have been here. I remember when Pres. Bush sr. was there - a LONG time ago! =)