Monday, November 24, 2008

My Son the Chef; To Be Thankful

My mom decided to go all out this Thanksgiving and invited Shermie to help with the pies. Needless to say he was all for it. He made his own pie crust. Put it in the pie dish and pinched the edges. Then made the pumpkin pie filling and filled it up. They made two pumpkin pies, an apple pie and a pecan pie. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm! Here he is hamming it up for the camera.







This Thanksgiving I have been thinking about the importance of being thankful. I believe it is what helps us appreciate the sacrifices that are made on our behalf. To be thankful we must look outside of ourselves and take in all that we have been given and all that has been done for us. Gratitude takes Humility. To admit we can't and often don't do it alone. It is easy sometimes to be so wrapped up in what we are doing, or what we are missing, or the sacrifices we feel we are making that we forget to be grateful for the kind services we receive and the things that are truly important. Our Family and loved ones, our health and our Faith.

We have a loving Heavenly Father who is always blessing us, who always wants the best for us. We have a loving Brother the Savior who has made it possible for us to return to our Heavenly Father, who has made it possible for our families to be Forever Families. They support us in our joys as well as our trials. What more can we ask for than that. If we were to have nothing else, we would still have everything we needed.

Thank you, to all those who add to my life in friendship and love. To my husband I could not stand to be without. To my children who are the joys of my life (as well as my headaches). To my parent who raised me right and for all that they have done and continue to do. To my brothers and sisters, though we may fight we know we really always love each other anyway. (RIGHT?!) To my in-laws who love me as their own and do anything to help. To our Savior for loving EACH of us enough to make it all possible with His sacrifice.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Alexander Family said...

You have such a great Testimony. Thanks for sharing it in your blog posts. You are awesome! What a cool family you've got!

DeGooyer Family said...

Hope you guys had a good one! =)

katsfred said...

GREAT GUY How lucky I am to have such loving children and grandchildren. I am the one blessed by the example they set and the love they share
Gramie