Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pinewood Derby

Shermie had his first Pinewood Derby this weekend. He has been so excited about it every time he thought we had time to work on it he would remind us. This was a little patients wearing but I could understand his enthusiasm. He and Sherman Peter had been working on the car all month. (PopPop helped with the cutting) The car turned out Great!

They put the wheels on without Mom's supervision and when we got to the weigh in...
...Sherman Peter had to take them off again because washers are not allowed. That's what happens when I turn my back for just one second. Just can't leave these boys alone. ( I knew they were illegal but I guess Peter must have left the room while I was reading them. It was a mistake he wasn't trying to cheat, but he sure got a lot of chuckles from the other Dads)

Shermie's car came in Fifth place and we came away with some ideas for next year. Out of all the car though Shermie's was definitely the COOOOLEST! Great Job Boys!

Next year we will have two cars to do so we have pre-enlisted Pop Pop to help with Shermie's and Peter will help with Tuffer's. I can't wait to see the competition there. :0) I think PopPop is already drawing his ideas up.

2 comments:

Jennifer Groves said...

I think that you did know the rules, and that an ethics committee should determine your fate. Have the papers called yet? Oh wait...that's only lobbyists/attorneys. hee hee. :)
Great job on the car Shermie. Yours is definatly the coolest car there. It's very impressive. Ethen is doing the rain gutter rengata this year, but he wishes it was the pine wood derby.

berrymom said...

Your car was definitely the coolest, but don't tell anyone I said that. I am glad Shermie had fun. Thanks again for helping with the breakfast!