Saturday, April 24, 2010

Gardening Made Easy...er

This year My friend Amy got me all excited about having a garden. While the thought of gardening usually brings back memories of being eight months pregnant with Tuffer and sitting in the sun all day picking green beans from Big Granddad's Massive Garden, when she showed me her raised gardens I thought, "Yea, I can do that!". So with the help of my mother-in-law we gathered the needed supplies, then on the weekend Sherman, Annalyn and the boys helped us put them together.

We made five boxes, 4-5foot boxes and 1-2foot box. One for each of the kids.
Annalyn was very about the whole thing I hated telling hers was the small one.


After we got the dirt them in and Sherman put in the sprinkler system, Nicholas decided they needed worms. So we bought worms to add to our garden boxes.

Boo looks like a little boy in this outfit. (It use to be Shermie's) They all enjoyed putting the worms in. We now have planted beet, peas, carrots, radishes, pumpkin, beans, tomatoes, peppers and strawberries. (the peppers had to be replanted do to a late frost:( )

No comments: