Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School! Wahooo...Boohoo!

Another school year begins. Look how excited they are. Can you feel the excitement on my face?
This year is a first and last year. Nicholas is so happy to be starting Kindergarten and getting to ride the bus. How can it be here already? I will miss is exuberance, smiles, and hugs.
It will be the final year for Shermie in Elementary school. Next year he is in Middle school (I don't know if I am ready for that). He is already wearing the same size shoe as me and he will have me beat in height in no time at all. OFF THEY GO!
Of course I followed the bus to school as is tradition with the first day of kindergarten (any more after that is unwelcome). As excited as I am for them to be back in school, I found myself getting a little choked up. Nicholas didn't seem nervous at all. He happily talked with old friends and was making new ones. When they went into class he just waved.
Annalyn and I weren't quite sure what to do with ourselves when we got home. It was so quiet and it stayed clean. Before too long though Nic's bus was rounding the corner. Hooray!! He said he had a great day and loved his new class.

Here are the best and worst parts of the day:
Best/Worst

Shermie- I liked everything
Tuffer- seeing friends/reading
Matthew-recess/
Nic-My teacher/
Annalyn- NO BOYS :)/ no boys :(
MOM- AHH, the Quiet/sad they are growing up so quick

No comments: