Friday, October 8, 2010

A Wild and Wacky Time

Today was the elementary school's fall carnival. The kids love to go, so we go but we only buy a limited amount of tickets and when they are gone so are we. That way Sherm and I don't go too crazy (with all the kid chasing and people crowding) while we are there. The most popular attraction for the kids is the cake walk. Shermie won and Annalyn would have if she had been playing right but what can you expect for a little cute girl.
The second favorite attraction is the karate short lessons. They give you a demo and then let you spin the wheel for a prize. Nicholas won a pizza party and Matthew won a family lesson and the other two won a chance to break a board. It will be a fun family home evening at the karate gym in the near future.

This year I help Shermie's class with their project for the silent auction. We made this clock with there hand prints and signatures. I really like how it turned out. It was a lot of fun to work with the kids. they did a great job. I think I will do this again for myself with my own kids.
Nicholas' class project was this candy bowl I won from the silent auction. Since I have one of Shermie projects all ready I bid on Nic's. He was so happy to see it when I brought it home.
Next year I will have to try for Matthew and Tuffer's.

No comments: