Tuesday, April 28, 2009

California Visit Great-Grandpa, Knotts Berry Farms and a Wedding

Sherman and Shermie went to California on Wednesday of this last week for Spencer and Sarah's wedding. Here are some of the things they did. On the first day Sherman was great enough to take Shermie to see his Great-Grandpa Behan at the Alzheimer's home that he lives in. Great-grandpa was so happy to have them come. He may not have remember who they were exactly but he knew they were his and that they were there for him and that is what mattered. It is so nice to have a husband who will go out of the way to see my grandpa without me. It really was a big deal to him, me and my mom. (and Shermie) So thank you, honey, I love you!
After, they went to an aquarium and saw some cool fish. This picture of Shermie in a bubble made me laugh so I had to share it.
Thursday was the day Shermie had waited for the most. KNOTTS BERRY FARMS and the roller coasters! He and his dad got there when the park opened and hit every roller coaster they could. In the whole park there were only a few they missed because they were closed temporarily do to an earthquake which they did not even feel. I was told Shermie was a roller coaster fanatic and couldn't get enough of them. Shermie said the log ride was his favorite. The last ride he went on was a pewk ride with Spencer. Some how while riding it he hit his harness and dislocated a rib from the sternum. Luckily it really isn't to serious and doesn't hurt him.
Friday was Spencer and Sarah's wedding. Of all the thing I wanted pictures of this was at the top of the list. This is what I got. Oh, well. These are good too. Congratulations to both of them and best wishes.
Saturday they spent at the beach and the Santa Monica Pier. Shermie had fun in the water and flying a kite on the beach. On the pier they had rides, games and a lot of other things to keep them busy.
We are glad to have them home, though we had our own fun too. While they were gone, Tuffer had a "Bees and Butterflies" program at school (pictures later). He did a great job.
Matthew had a baseball game Saturday morning and he got a hit. We also found that he swings better left handed.
Then Saturday night Matthew starts screaming in pain, that his chest hurt. He literally could not move it hurt him so bad and he is very tolerant to pain. This was not like him at all so I called one of my AWESOME home teachers over to sit with my other two and rushed Matt to the emergency room. (thank you, thank you, thank you, Clark for doing that!!!!) After some blood work and an X-ray (that Matt thought especially cool and they printed him a copy of it) they determined he had pneumonia. You can see it is the whiter section next to the heart.
And the fun doesn't stop Monday we had two (Tuffer and Shermie) dentist appointments and a two (Matt and Shermie) doctor appointments. Today I have a doctor appointment and Shermie has another. Fun, fun, fun.

3 comments:

chelseanne said...

Sounds like you guys had quite the adventure!! I love the pictures, and I'm so excited you are having a girl!! When are you due?

Jennifer Groves said...

I'm exhausted just reading all that! I can imagine that a 9 month pregnant mommy is even more exhausted. I'm glad that everything is ok with Matthew & Shermie, and hopefully you and the baby too! Hang in there!

berrymom said...

Oh goodness! I bet you are SO TIRED! You need about a week long nap! Is Matthew doing okay?