Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fishing in the Rain

This last weekend was the annual Gene Taylor's Fishing Derby. They stock the pond in front of their store with tons of trout. Some have tags for prizes and trophies. We try to go every year with Gramie and Pop pop. The boys have lot of fun and look forward to it. This year was particularly fun as it started raining just as we started fishing.


Here they are all lined up: Nic, Matt, Shermie, Tuffer
Is Sherman Peter actually getting ready to bait a hook? Glad I caught a picture of that! It's proof he can do it. :) (OK so he does bait the hooks but he leaves the fish to me. He's the one in the black hood behind the boys)
Shermie and Nic were the only ones who landed their fish. But Tuffer and Matthew had them on the line so it was still fun for all despite the rain. We love fishing.

You can see I didn't bother trying to stay dry, there was just no sense in it. By the time we were done Mom and I were soaked. (Sherman Peter had gone in and bought a water proof jacket and I should have let him get me one)

Well, part of fishing is getting wet, but maybe not this wet. It did make it more interesting at any rate. (p.s. Mom Sherman still wants his coat back :)

1 comment:

berrymom said...

How fun! I didn't know they did that. We will have to do it with you next year!