Monday, May 11, 2009

Channeling Great-Grand Dad

We recently had the opportunity to help my parents clean out and re-gravel their bull pen. It was not too bad to clean out but the rocks where a lot funner. It took four truck loads which I think is about a yard and a half each load. (don't worry at 9 months pregnant, I was not doing a lot here)
The boys jumped right in to help and really worked hard. Sherman said he was reminded of all the times he had to help his Grand Dad Wagner with stuff like this.

As I watched Sherman Peter directing the Boys and their efforts, I could see that maybe we were some how channeling that tough old bird.

After all Sherm Wagner taught my husband the real meaning of work. From the time he was eight, Sherman Peter was out helping Grand Dad build fence or whatever else needed to be done. (working in the garden, hauling hay, feeding cows, branding them etc.)
It's a work ethic that has stuck with him to this day and one that I am continually grateful for. It's one of the best lessons Great-Grand Dad could have passed on to Sherman Peter and now to my boys through him. Let's just hope the songs that went along with it stay out of it. (those of you who knew him know what I'm talking about) :).

1 comment:

Ronni said...

Pahahaha Chicago! Pahahaa!!!! Yeah they could do without learning those songs keep some of the jokes out to!!!