Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Not a Fish to Be Found

Last Saturday we had the opportunity to go fishing with Gramie and PopPop on their boat at Vega Lake. The boys where very excited to go. They have only been fishing once this year and that was in a small pond. The boys, Annalyn and I picked up lunch and headed to the lake. Gramie helped us get everyone on the boat and in a few minutes we all had our lines in the water. I think the boys must have picked up ants and put them in their pants before boarding! They could not sit still for nothing (reeling lines in, having them thrown out again,walking back and forth, etc. general good time fun... Right?). We kept telling them they were scarring the fish away but those ants would not let them be. After about an hour and a half we headed in because I could see that the younger ones were done and we had caught no fish, not even a bit. By the time we got back home I a picture from Gramie on my cell phone. They caught FIVE fish after we left. GO Figure! (well, with the return of quiet I'm sure the fish were thrilled) Thanks Gramie and PopPop for the effort anyway.

No comments: