Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Losing the Training Wheels

This weekend Sherman took Matthew's training wheels off for him.

Sherman held him up so he could get on. Then he let go as Matthew began to pedal. He started to ride but didn't make it very far and crashed. After a couple more attempts and not to much success, this was their conversation:

Sherman- Matthew your thinking about it to much. You need to think about something else.
Matthew- Like aliens?
Sherman, Laughing- Yeah, like aliens.
Matthew-O.K.
Matthew, yelling while riding down the street- THE ALIENS ARE COMING! ALIENS ARE COMING! THE ALIENS ARE COMING!

It was a good tactic and he made it all the way down the street. With the next attempt:

Matthew-This time I'm going to think of Terrible Titans (some kind of toy car)
Sherman-O.K. Try that.
Matthew gets going and promptly falls. Then he says to his dad,"Well, that didn't work. I guess I'll go back to Aliens".

Well... whatever works. Right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that aliens are always a great motivator :)

Monica Hudson said...

lol!! I LOVE that kid!! Maybe I'll use aliens as a way to get him to sing for Sunday! ;-)

JenniG said...

How sweet is that! I love that! Julie, you really have great kiddos!