Monday, May 23, 2011

Tri...Tri...Tri Again

Had a great weekend with my mom sister and sister in-law at the Women of Steel.  The weather could not have been better. I had been worried that it was going to be rainy and cold as we had been warned. But the morning of the race the sun came out and it warmed up nicely without being too hot. There were 739 women who finished the race. Starting at the pool we lined up according to our time for the 300 meter. They would let swimmers into the pool every twelve seconds.



The swim went like this:
(those are some mad paint brush skills right there)The pool was kind of crazy because no one was in a really good order of swim times. Either because people didn't know their time or weren't asking others what their times were. This lead to a lot of congestion during the swim. I didn't like that they added time to your swim by having the timer at the gate but I guess I would rather that then the timer mess up my start and stop times. At any rate the pool was over quickly enough and we were on to the bike course.

The bike course made two loops around a pretty little neighborhood and the cemetery. On one side of the loop it went up hill for a bit then was flat, then it hit the down hill.  I loved the bike course especially how fast you could get going on the down hill.
Why, yes that is snow covering the mountain behind me!
The run went along part of the bike route with the same up and down hills but we only had to do one loop.

I finished my race then went back to find Mande and Jessie, who started later, to cheer them in.
It was a really super race and we can officially say we are Women of Steel!
Thanks Jessie for suggesting this race. I had so much fun, What a great experience. I'm glad to have shared it with some of the Awesome women in my life.
Here are my times:

Swim-00:08:53.232
T1- 00:04:37.810
Bike-00:51:17.958
T2- 00:03:27.507
Run- 00:35:16.284
Total Time- 01:43:32
Place-120
This is the necklace we received at the end of the race. So cute!
While we were racing my mom was dealing with getting the car towed(battery went bad), while running back and forth cheering us on and snapping pictures. Yep, She is a Woman of Steel too. Thank you, Mom! We ended the weekend with some nice relaxing shop therapy. Fantastic!

2 comments:

berrymom said...

I didn't know you were doing that! You are amazing!

Travis said...

Way to go. you guys are awesome!