Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cutting Our Tree?

My husband and I had ourselves a good laugh today!

We told the boys we were going to go find and cut our Christmas tree today. They were so excited running around finding hats, gloves, coats, etc. Talking about their game plan for trudging through the snow and searching the woods for the perfect tree.

I few weeks before we promised my dad that we would take out some trees they wanted to get rid of at their house. So naturally Sherman and I thought it was a perfect way to get a free tree. ;)

With the kids loaded in the truck we drove the 3 miles to my parents house and told the kids to pick out their tree. Their reactions were priceless!  I don't think any of them were happy.
Matthew was the least impressed. The others laughed at it as they decided that we were serious...Matthew did not! I just kept saying, "no...No...NOOO!" in disbelief.
In the end I think we ended up with a good tree...
...and a laugh to last a life time!

No comments: