Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Putting Up the Tree

Setting up the tree usually goes pretty smoothly. Usually. This year as we wrestled to keep the tree up in it's stand it look like usually was not going to happen but then we got it to work.

So up went the star who's lights were all out so down came the star...
...but up went the rest of the lights, the ornaments and the garland. We were all but done putting on the last ornaments.
Dad was tired (thanks to the NyQuil) because he wasn't feeling well so he went to ahead to bed.
I came up stairs for a minute and then I heard a big crash and then the kids yelling that the tree had fallen over. SO MUCH, FOR USUALLY! I was Thankful that Grandma came over to help me clean up the glass and mess form the tree. We got it propped up against the wall and left it till we could get a better stand.
With the new stand secured the tree is finally finished and it only took a week. Matthew and Nic got a hold of my camera and decided to take their pictures with the finished tree.
If they had not we might not have had a finished picture because I was done with that tree. Looking at it now I think it turned out pretty good. Even still after Christmas I am watching the sales for a fake tree!

No comments: