Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spring!!!

I love Spring! It is my favorite time of year. The crisp air, the light warmth of the sun, the newness of the flowers, the budding of trees, the cleansing, fresh smell of rain. I just love all of it!

Last week the boys and I were out front and noticed we had bulbs coming up already! Then Nic and Matt had to go around the yard to see if we had any other things coming up. We found a lot more bulbs and a bunch of columbines, poppies and lilies all over the garden. They were so excited every time they spotted something green. (even if it was a weed)

Here are some of the flowers that have already bloomed.




We got the garden and yard cleaned out this weekend and we should have more blooms soon. Happy Spring!!!

2 comments:

Monica Hudson said...

Yeah for Spring!! I'm SO ready for some sunshine and a little warmth (but not total heatwave of summer - yuck!). How fun that you have little green thing popping up! Have fun!

Jennifer Groves said...

Yay, I love the blooms you have. I love Spring too, but hoping that we are not being teased and a big March/April frost will come to destroy what is popping up. I'm sure not, but this is Colorado. Let's hope and pray that the cold snow is over! :) Love your garden, can't wait to get mine ready.